change the color of Groupname in panel control

kaushik

hi there,
i am not able to change the color of Groupname in panel control from
blue to black. I read somewhere, if i set the forecolour of the panel, both
the groupingtext and text
are rendered the same colour but how to turn this from blue to black..

can anybody show me with codes
thanks in advance.

Norm

hi there,
i am not able to change the color of Groupname in panel control from
blue to black. I read somewhere, if i set the forecolour of the panel, both
the groupingtext and text
are rendered the same colour but how to turn this from blue to black..

can anybody show me with codes
thanks in advance.

I ran a quick test on this issue. It seems that IE (I am running IE 8
Beta 2) does not allow the "color" style to cascade into the Grouping
Text. It work in Firefox and Chrome for me. It helps to understand how
the GroupingText property renders into HTML. When you set the property
the Panel renders differently. Below is an example:

<fieldset>
<legend> Grouping Text</legend>
Inner text
</fieldset>

This exact code renders "Grouping Text" as blue in Firefox and Chrome,
but not in IE. Therefore, the style does not cascade into the Legend
tag. ;( My solution to this in a similar case is to just use a css
class: (In the other case, I wanted the colors to be different, they
are the same here)

/*This will set the style to both the "div" element and the "legend"
element*/
.GroupPanel, .GroupPanel Fieldset Legend
{
color: Blue;
}
<fieldset>
<legend>Grouping Text</legend>
Inner text
</fieldset>

This solution worked in all 3 browsers for me.
Happy coding!

Norm