"cheat" gem

Duke Normandin

dnormandin@select-man:~$
sudo gem install cheat
[sudo] password for dnormandin:
Successfully installed cheat-1.3.0
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for cheat-1.3.0...
Installing RDoc documentation for cheat-1.3.0...

dnormandin@select-man:~$
cheat cheat
No command 'cheat' found, did you mean:
blah blah

I missed a step! Which one?

Eric Christopherson

dnormandin@select-man:~$
sudo gem install cheat
[sudo] password for dnormandin:
Successfully installed cheat-1.3.0
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for cheat-1.3.0...
Installing RDoc documentation for cheat-1.3.0...

dnormandin@select-man:~$
cheat cheat
No command 'cheat' found, did you mean:
blah blah

I missed a step! =A0Which one?

Is your gem bin directory in your $PATH?

Brian Candler

Duke Normandin wrote in post #995180:
dnormandin@select-man:~$
sudo gem install cheat
[sudo] password for dnormandin:
Successfully installed cheat-1.3.0
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for cheat-1.3.0...
Installing RDoc documentation for cheat-1.3.0...

dnormandin@select-man:~$
cheat cheat
No command 'cheat' found, did you mean:
blah blah

I missed a step! Which one?

You didn't specify your platform. If it's Ubuntu or Debian, then you
need:

PATH=$PATH:/var/lib/gems/1.8/bin
export PATH
cheat cheat

or just:

/var/lib/gems/1.8/bin/cheat cheat

(Debian always like to do things differently to everyone else, to make
people's lives more interesting)

Duke Normandin

[...]

Yep! I'm on Xubuntu and your above hint did the trick! Thanks!