Checking if socket is open with an array

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Joel Ross, Nov 8, 2009.

  1. Joel Ross

    Joel Ross Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm having some trouble with an array. I'm try to check if a service is
    running by getting the values from an array. I have uploaded the code to
    http://pastebin.com/

    Code : test.pl
    http://pastebin.com/m19bcecb

    Code testsettings.pm
    http://pastebin.com/m393894dc

    It all works well if I have all the code in one file (provided here:
    http://pastebin.com/m1d44408f), but when I provide the array in a
    separate file it seems to not work. It does gets the values from the
    array because their printed to the screen. I just don't understand why
    it doesn't use those values to make the connection.

    I need to have the array in a separate file to act like a properties file.

    I'm running Perl v5.10.0 and running it on FC11. Any help appreciated.

    Cheers

    jrosco

    Joel Ross, Nov 8, 2009

  2. Joel Ross

    Dan Rumney Guest

    Can you run the program and provide us with the output that you're seeing?

    Dan

    Dan Rumney, Nov 12, 2009