Chunking Marshalling with JAXB

Discussion in 'Java' started by rottyguy70, Apr 13, 2006.

  1. rottyguy70

    rottyguy70 Guest

    We have a program that converts binary data to xml and it currently
    uses JAXB. The problem is that the data can be huge (resulting in
    100's of megs of XML). Obviously the memory requirements are equally
    large as it appears that JAXB requires that all data is loaded before
    dumping out the file. My question is: Is there a way to force JAXB to
    chunk out data on demand to one file during processing? The format of
    the xml is:

    <datas>
    <data>
    </data>
    <data>
    </data>
    </datas>

    Because of requirements, we aren't able to export a lot of little
    files.

    Thanks!

    rottyguy70, Apr 13, 2006