Client Callback in ASCX files

Guest

I have an ascx file that dynamically loads other ascx files. each of these
ascx files need to perform client callback functions. It seems that when i
try and break out all the javascript code into the individual files things do
not work. However, if i put all the Callback functionality into the "Driver"
ascx page it will work just fine. The only problem is i can not encapsulate
all the specific functionality into the individual ascx files.

so the question is how do I perform client callbacks in all the ascx files?

Note: The driver page builds the UI in code, looping over a record set to
build selections. Client callback functionality tracks items that have been
selected in a session object. User navigates to another section and again
part of the UI is dynamically built. This other section will not perform the
client callback functionality.
The onclick event is fired and javascript is run except it never goes into
the RaiseCallbackEvent(String eventArgument) or GetCallbackResult() methods.