Code Access Security -- Simple but working examples

Gopal Krish

Folks,

I'm desperately trying to understand code access security. MSDN and
VS.NET help files explains the concepts in details but the code
snippets does not help to put the whole picture together.

Can anyone point me to any article or web site where there is a step
by step walkthru to help understand code access security better?

Thanks.

nntp.microsoft.com

Gopal,

Take a look at this MSDN TV webcast with Matt Lyons presenting the "Basic
Principles of Code Access Security":

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdntv/episode.aspx?xml=episodes/en/20040212securityml/manifest.xml

There are few other resources (including a few off my blog), but this is a
good overview. Code Access Security (CAS) is tough to learn at first, and
does take a few passes to finally grok it. I am sure myself and others would
be happy to answer some specific questions.

Robert Hurlbut

http://weblogs.asp.net/rhurlbut

http://www.securedevelop.net