    Is there a way of copying three arrays of hashes into one array for
    future sorting? Thanks!

    Keith

    Keith Lee, Feb 17, 2006

  2. Keith Lee

    Matt Garrish Guest

    @d = (@a, @b, @c)

    Or do you mean something else?

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Feb 17, 2006

  3. do you mean 3 arrays of hash references? on what is your sorting based?
    to combine 3 arrays into one, just flatten them:

    my @all = ( @a1, @a2, @a3 );

    it_says_BALLS_on_your_forehead, Feb 17, 2006
  4. Keith Lee

    robic0 Guest

    Lookout, I'm asking you post an example to coincode with your what
    ever bullshit question/without example you are posting!

    robic0, Feb 17, 2006
  5. Keith Lee

    cmarvel Guest

    Thanks! I mean an array of hashes.
    Speaking of sorting, does anyone know of a good quick sort program or
    algorithm so I can sort an array of hashes? Each array element has
    four keys to sort by. Thanks again!

    Keith

    cmarvel, Feb 18, 2006
  6. wrote in @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
    It looks like you are talking to yourself. Please quote some context when
    you post a reply.

    Sinan

    A. Sinan Unur, Feb 18, 2006
  7. Keith Lee

    Rick Scott Guest

    ( uttered:)
    The command "perldoc -q keyword" searches the Perl FAQ. If you would
    have asked it about "sort", it would have given you a perfectly good
    answer to your frequently asked question:

    perldoc -q sort
    # How do I sort an array by (anything)?

    Please read the posting guidelines, and look over the Perl FAQ and
    documentation to see if they answer your question before posting it
    here.

    http://mail.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc.shtml

    Rick

    Rick Scott, Feb 18, 2006

  8. To whom?

    For what?

    Please quote some context in followups like everybody else does.

    Sure, anybody who has looked up sorting in the Perl Frequently
    Asked Questions knows how to do that.

    You should become one of those people.

    perldoc -q sort

    The FAQ answer shows how to sort based on multiple sort keys.

    Tad McClellan, Feb 18, 2006
  9. Keith Lee

    robic0 Guest

    Its hard not to be rude to the Christian God people like you.
    You didn't quote, so I did it for you.

    This is Usenet, this isin't your local church gathering. If my limited vocabulary
    bothers you, perhaps you should filter out my posts and not trouble yourself so much.

    If this is a relative of yours, I had no intentions to offend him as not anyone else
    (except for a select few that I know).

    However, you on the otherhand. You can kiss my goddamed fucnkin ass !!!!

    robic0, Feb 22, 2006