"Combobox"-type control?

Sheila Jones

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a freeware control available that acts like a
combo-box on an Access form, i.e. so you can either select an item in the
list, or type in something else? The standard DropDownList control only
allows values in the list to be selected.

Thanks.

Sheila Jones

Hello Peter,

Thank you for the links. I had a look at them and the most promising control
seemed to be the Corey Hulen one.

I tried the online demo
(http://www.coreyhulen.com/CoreyHulenWebTests/Default.aspx) and it worked OK
in Internet Explorer. But in Mozilla, it was poor: the down arrow button
displayed as a "6" and every lookup fired a postback to the server (despite
the claims on the website that "The 'Auto Search' functionality is achieved
through client-side scripting, which means no round trips to the server"...)

And most of the other controls just seem far more complicated than I need :(