configuration tool

JJ

Is there any way that you can point the configuration tool to look at
asp.net membership sql tables that don't have the default 'dbo.' at the
start ?

Thanks
JJ

Eliyahu Goldin

You can point the asp.net membership to a different database in the
web.config file:

<connectionStrings>
<remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>
<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="..."/>
</connectionStrings>

There is a command in the VS command prompt that will create the membership
provider objects in the database you specify.

Does it help you? I am not sure I understand your dbo. issue.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

JJ

What if you're tables aren't named 'dbo.aspnet_xxxx'? i.e. they are named
'sqlusername.aspnet_xxxx'?
The configuration tool seems to use the 'dbo.aspnet_xxxx' tables even though
the app uses the 'sqlusername.aspnet_xxxx' tables. All these tables are in
the same database.

JJ said:
Is there any way that you can point the configuration tool to look at
asp.net membership sql tables that don't have the default 'dbo.' at the
start ?

Thanks
JJ

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

"dbo." is the "database owner" portion of the fully qualified table name. You
should be able to leave it off.
-- Peter
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

JJ said:
Is there any way that you can point the configuration tool to look at
asp.net membership sql tables that don't have the default 'dbo.' at the
start ?

Thanks
JJ

JJ

The database contains both dbo. and sqlusername. named tables (This was a
mistake) However I notice that the configuration tool accesses the dbo.
tables and the site accesses the sqlusername tables....

Can you see what I am saying? - the two default to different tables. The
code does not include any schema dbo. etc only references the table names.

Eliyahu Goldin said:
[...]

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi JJ,

As far as I know, the database table name which ASP.NET SqlProvider
references are fixed. I think it is hardcoded in the ASP.NET SQL provider's
stored procedure code since ASP.NET providers that deal with SQL Server
calls the stored procedures internally. For your scenario, I think you have
the following two options:

1. Change your own data access code logic also use the "ado.aspnet_xxxx"
name convention

2. Manually change those store procedures (generated by ASP.NET provider
configuration tool) in your provider's database. However, this is really
not recommended and may cause unexpected problem.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

--------------------
<[email protected]>
Subject: Re: configuration tool
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:36:58 -0000

JJ said:
What if you're tables aren't named 'dbo.aspnet_xxxx'? i.e. they are named
'sqlusername.aspnet_xxxx'?
The configuration tool seems to use the 'dbo.aspnet_xxxx' tables even
though
the app uses the 'sqlusername.aspnet_xxxx' tables. All these tables are
in
the same database.

message You can point the asp.net membership to a different database in the