Confused with autoeventwireup

Guest

I read that autoeventwireup="false" doesn't cause Page_Load to fire
automatically and trying it out with a simple page this can be confirmed
easily.
However, I have a page with autoeventwireup="false" (that has a masterpage
with autoeventwireup="false" as well) and Page_Load DOES fire in the page.
How can this be ? Other pages using the same Master page does NOT fire
Page_Load, unless I wire up the event manually.
I'm totally confused. Moreover, this specific page fires Page_Load and all
other events TWICE.

Marina Levit [MVP]

If this is the only page with the problem, then clearly something is
different about this page. There must be something else going on there, some
other difference, some other code running that is causing this on the one
particular page, while all other pages are fine.

You should carefully examine all the differences between this page and the
others, as well as remove unecessary pieces of code to really boil it down
to what the problem is.

Kevin Jones

Carlo said:
I read that autoeventwireup="false" doesn't cause Page_Load to fire
automatically and trying it out with a simple page this can be confirmed
easily.
However, I have a page with autoeventwireup="false" (that has a masterpage
with autoeventwireup="false" as well) and Page_Load DOES fire in the page.
How can this be ? Other pages using the same Master page does NOT fire
Page_Load, unless I wire up the event manually.
I'm totally confused. Moreover, this specific page fires Page_Load and all
other events TWICE.

Have you explicitly wired the event up? Is this an ASP 1.1 page or 2.0?

Kevin

Guest

It is an ASP 2.0 page (sorry, I should have mention it).
The strange thing that I DID NOT WIRE up the page load event - that's
exactly the thing I do not understand. autoeventwireup=false (even on the
masterpage), some usercontrols which also have autoeventwireup=false, no
wire-up and Page_Load is fired (even twice !!)

Guest

you where right. on a GridView I had onload=Page_Load by mistake. since it
was a huge page it took me a while to find out why

Guest

you where right. on a GridView I had onload=Page_Load by mistake. since it
was a huge page it took me a while to find out why
thanks for your help