    i tried different methods but did not work.

    Please can anybody provide a solution for this.

    , Aug 18, 2013

  2. Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 8/18/2013 12:26 PM, wrote:
    > I have an c# application which is used to send mail in contact us
    > form. When i run the application on localhost it work perfectally,
    > but when i try to run in via hosting the application on server it
    > gives the below error :
    >
    > System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure
    > connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response
    > was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at at
    > System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode,
    > String response) at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection
    > conn, Byte[] command, String from) at
    > System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender,
    > MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify,
    > SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception) at
    > System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) at
    > quote.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    >
    > i tried different methods but did not work.
    >
    > Please can anybody provide a solution for this.

    The error message is rather clear.

    "The SMTP server requires a secure
    connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response
    was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required."

    You need to authenticate to the SMTP server.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Aug 18, 2013

    On Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:18:07 PM UTC+5:30, Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    > On 8/18/2013 12:26 PM, wrote:
    >
    > > I have an c# application which is used to send mail in contact us

    > > form. When i run the application on localhost it work perfectally,

    > > but when i try to run in via hosting the application on server it

    > > gives the below error :

    > > System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure

    > > connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response

    > > was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at at

    > > System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode,

    > > String response) at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection

    > > conn, Byte[] command, String from) at

    > > System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender,

    > > MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify,

    > > SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception) at

    > > System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) at

    > > quote.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

    > > i tried different methods but did not work.

    > > Please can anybody provide a solution for this.

    > The error message is rather clear.
    >

    > "The SMTP server requires a secure
    >
    > connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response
    >
    > was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required."
    >

    > You need to authenticate to the SMTP server.
    >

    > Arne

    Hi Arne,

    I am new to this.
    I would be great if you can guide me for resolving this,
    i.e authenticating the SMTP Server

    , Aug 21, 2013
  4. Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 8/21/2013 2:16 AM, wrote:
    > On Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:18:07 PM UTC+5:30, Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    >> The error message is rather clear.
    >>
    >> "The SMTP server requires a secure
    >> connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response
    >> was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required."
    >>
    >> You need to authenticate to the SMTP server.

    > I am new to this.
    > I would be great if you can guide me for resolving this,
    > i.e authenticating the SMTP Server

    The SmtpClient class has a Credentials property for this
    purpose.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Aug 22, 2013

    On Sunday, August 18, 2013 9:56:22 PM UTC+5:30, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > I have an c# application which is used to send mail in contact us form.
    >
    > When i run the application on localhost it work perfectally, but when i try to run in via hosting the application on server it gives the below error:
    >

    > System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response) at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, Byte[] command, String from) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) at quote.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    >

    > i tried different methods but did not work.
    >

    > Please can anybody provide a solution for this.

    , Jan 9, 2014