ContentPlaceHolder Problem

Guest

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Master Page/ContentPlaceHolder structure for the first
time. I created a master page with a banner and a table with 2 rows (body and
footer) with the top (body) row split into 3 columns, the first for a
navigation treeview, the second as a separator and the third to serve as my
content cell, while the bottom (footer) row spans all 3 columns.

When trying to place a ContentPlaceHolder control in the conent cell, the
control is created with a size considerably smaller than the size of the
cell. Selecting the control yields 2 handles only (middle of right and bottom
sides) rather than the customary 8 (at each corner and middle of each side).
I cannot move or resize the control at all in the IDE, and cannot find any
properties to set in order to programmatically set the position and size of
the ContentPlaceHolder control.

Is there a bug in VS 2005 with this control or am I missing something? I
cannot find any posted message on this issue so I must be doing something
wrong. Can anybody please shed some light on this?

Thanks

Guest

Hi,

could you maybe show us your code structure?

You don't have to set the size or anything else on a ContentPlaceHolder.
Just put it whereever you want on the MasterPage (between DIVs or TABLEs) and
fill it with content on .aspx Pages which are using the MasterPage.

hth,
Andreas

Guest

Thanks, Andreas. I was actually trying to convert a child page into a content
one but it was to large to fit. After I reduced its size so it would fit, I
managed to link it to the master page and when I open it in design mode, it
shows nicely fitting inside the master page. However, the ContentPlaceHolder
control itself still shows behind my content page's controls and has a
smaller size than the content page. I'm not sure that this poses a problem,
but will know soon when I try creating my next content page.