Control For Sports Results Tables

csgraham74

Hi Guys,

im attempting to setup a website to display sports results (soccer and
rugby). i want to make it as easy as possible for administrators to
perform weekly updates on the tables. I was wondring if anyone was
aware of a control or would have any source code on how to do this. im
coding in asp.net (vb).

Any help or pointers very much appreciated

thanks

CG

Mark Rae

im attempting to setup a website to display sports results (soccer and
rugby). i want to make it as easy as possible for administrators to
perform weekly updates on the tables. I was wondring if anyone was
aware of a control or would have any source code on how to do this. im
coding in asp.net (vb).

Any help or pointers very much appreciated

If you mean something like this:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables?league=eng.1&cc=5739

then all you need is two SQL Server tables (one for the teams, the other for
the results), a stored procedure to do the summing and grouping, and a
GridView to display the results.

Obviously, if you want people to log in etc, then you would want some
mechanism for validating their logins etc, but that would be the same for
any secure site...

csgraham74

thats exactly what im after - i just thought that it would be all a
bit complicated. do you have any sample code on this ???

thanks for you help

CG

Mark Rae

thats exactly what im after - i just thought that it would be all a
bit complicated. do you have any sample code on this ???

No, sorry - but it really is a very simple task...