Control ID Name

OldButStillLearning

I want to write some javascript attached to some event. When the event
fires, I want to pass the name of a ASP.Net Control to the javascript. I
happen to be working in a web page which has a master page. What I notice is
that when the page is rendered the ID's of all of the ASP.Net controls are
altered with what appears to be a prefix. How can I know the ID name so that
my javascript can do a "document.getElementById(controlIDName)"?

bruce barker

var ctl = document.getElmentById('<%= myControl.ClientID %>');

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

grava

OldButStillLearning said:
I want to write some javascript attached to some event. When the event
fires, I want to pass the name of a ASP.Net Control to the javascript. I
happen to be working in a web page which has a master page. What I notice
is
that when the page is rendered the ID's of all of the ASP.Net controls are
altered with what appears to be a prefix. How can I know the ID name so
that
my javascript can do a "document.getElementById(controlIDName)"?

Well,

if you're writing javascript code directly in the aspx page you can use
something like this:

<asp:textbox id="txtBox" runat="server" .../>

var clientVisibleTextBox =
document.GetElementById('<%=txtBox.ClientId%>');
</script>