Find an object by id in a JavaScript object array

Reaction score
I have an array.
JavaScript:
myArray = [{'id':'73','foo':'bar'},{'id':'45','foo':'bar'}, etc.]
I can't change the structure of the array. I was passed an id 45 and I want to get the id of that object in the array 'bar'.

How can I do this in JavaScript or jQuery?

Reaction score
You did not include any of the code you tried to use to eliminate the element of the array, so I don't know how to show you your error.

Array elements are found by using square brackets: myArray[0]; myArray[1];
myArray is an array of object and could be called a JSON array.

I would use that knowledge to find the id of 45 and then delete that element from the array :
Code:
<p id="demo">Here</p>

<script>
var myArray = [{'id':'73','foo':'bar'},{'id':'45','foo':'bar'},{'id':'65','foo':'bar'},{'id':'55','foo':'bar'}];

var index = myArray.findIndex(x => x.id === '45');

if (index !== -1) myArray.splice(1, 1);
document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = JSON.stringify(myArray);  //JUST TO SHOW THAT IT WAS REMOVED
</script>
</body>

Reaction score
Almost forgot. Putting your id numbers in quotes makes them a string. That's why I had to look for a string in the findIndex() function.

Reaction score
You did not include any of the code you tried to use to eliminate the element of the array, so I don't know how to show you your error.

Array elements are found by using square brackets: myArray[0]; myArray[1];
myArray is an array of object and could be called a JSON array.

I would use that knowledge to find the id of 45 and then delete that element from the array :
Code:
<p id="demo">Here</p>

<script>
var myArray = [{'id':'73','foo':'bar'},{'id':'45','foo':'bar'},{'id':'65','foo':'bar'},{'id':'55','foo':'bar'}];

var index = myArray.findIndex(x => x.id === '45');

if (index !== -1) myArray.splice(1, 1);
document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = JSON.stringify(myArray);  //JUST TO SHOW THAT IT WAS REMOVED
</script>
</body>
Thank you so much! You solved my problem.

Ask a Question