Control Index

rn5a

A Form has only a DataGrid control. Using EditCommandColumn in the
DataGrid, when a row is in the editable mode i.e. the BoundColumns get
replaced by TextBoxes, the Text in the TextBox existing in the first
cell can be accessed in the, say, UpdateCommand event handler of the
DataGrid using

ea.Item.Cells(0).Controls(0)

Similalrly, the Text in the TextBox existing in the third column can be
accessed using

ea.Item.Cells(2).Controls(0)

so on & so forth. If I am not wrong, Controls(0) here refers to the
DataGrid control. The control index of the DataGrid here is 0 since
there are no other controls in the page (please correct me if I am
wrong). But how do I find out what is the control index of the DataGrid
if there are multiple controls in an ASPX page or/and controls are
being added dynamically to the page?