Controlling TreeView Expand/Collapse

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tor Inge Rislaa, Feb 21, 2007.

  1. Controlling TreeView Expand/Collapse

    With a TreeView bound to an XML file as below I want to obtain the
    functionality where Chapter 2 and 3 are forced to collapse when Chapter 1 is
    selected and Chapter 1 and 3 collapses when Chapter 2 is selected and so on.

    Any Ideas on how to solve this in a smart way?

    Data bindings

    <asp:TreeView id="BookTreeView"

    DataSourceID="BookXmlDataSource"

    runat="server">

    <DataBindings>

    <asp:TreeNodeBinding DataMember="Book" TextField="Title"/>

    <asp:TreeNodeBinding DataMember="Chapter" TextField="Heading"/>

    <asp:TreeNodeBinding DataMember="Section" TextField="Heading"/>

    </DataBindings>

    </asp:TreeView>

    <asp:XmlDataSource id="BookXmlDataSource"

    DataFile="Book.xml"

    runat="server">

    </asp:XmlDataSource>

    The XML file