converting XML values into String using Carbon

kitty

Hi,
Iam using the Carbon framework to read data from XML files, but it does
not read values placed inside curly braces {}.
Example:
<output>{property}</output>
I have tried using numeric character reference
<output>{property}</output>
but it still gives InvalidConfiguration Error. The stacktrace is:
Value {property} cannot be formatted to java.lang.String.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Kitty

Joe Kesselman

I'm not at all familiar with Carbon, but that sounds like Carbon is
giving special meaning to values enclosed in curly braces. Check its
documentation. You may have to tell it not to do so... or switch tools.

kitty

Hi joe,

Thanks for your reply,
I have a general doubt , Can XML have values which have curly braces or
does it treat them as a placeholder for some java parameter ?
Carbon treats it as an invalid configuration, that means it cannot
convert any value with curly braces into String value.

Thanks again,
kitty

Joe Kesselman

Answered in other thread: Not a problem for XML, may have meaning to
specific tools.