Cookies and Frames

Eric Petzold

What's the trick to sharing cookies between frames? I can set and read a
cookie in the same frame, but if I try to read the cookie in another frame
it is undefined. :eek:(

There are some other cookies that are available in all frames, so I know
that the frames are capable of reading cookies, just not the ones that I set
in the other frame.

P.S. I am not setting any expiration, path, or domain... keeping the
defaults.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Eric said:
What's the trick to sharing cookies between frames? I can set and read a
cookie in the same frame, but if I try to read the cookie in another frame
it is undefined. :eek:(

There are some other cookies that are available in all frames, so I know
that the frames are capable of reading cookies, just not the ones that I
set in the other frame.

P.S. I am not setting any expiration, path, or domain... keeping the
defaults.

This is as bad a problem description as any.

How exactly do you attempt to set each cookie?
What is the URI of the resource to set each cookie?
How exactly do you attempt to read each cookie?
What is the URI of the resource to read each cookie?
With which user agents and versions have you tested
with on which operating system? Are there any errors
displayed (in the JavaScript Console) when executing
script code on the Web site?

At least those questions have to be answered before
one can make even an educated guess.

<http://jibbering.com/faq/>

PointedEars