To detect if browser accept 3th.part cookies

Steel

Hi at all

I need to detect if cookies are enabled into user browser

To do that I use this function:

function cooks()

{

var cookieEnabled=(navigator.cookieEnabled)? true : false

//if not IE4+ nor NS6+

if (typeof navigator.cookieEnabled=="undefined" && !cookieEnabled){

document.cookie="testcookie"

cookieEnabled=(document.cookie.indexOf("testcookie")!=-1)? true : false

}

return cookieEnabled;

}

Unfortunately it detect only if are enabled cookies of current web site but
not 3th.parts cookies (other site cookies).

How can I do to detect if are enabled 3th.part cookies?

Thank in advance

Ad

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Steel said:
I need to detect if cookies are enabled into user browser

To do that I use this function:

Dump it; it is outdated. Cookie handling has become much more sophisticated
since these properties were introduced, which has rendered them useless.

Set the cookie and read it back; if successful, cookies of that type are
"enabled".
How can I do to detect if are enabled 3th.part cookies?

The same way.

PointedEars

Top