Coordinate space manipulation

Tyler Eaves

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me with this. I'm trying to do some
math for a reasonably simple bit of 3d math.

Given the following.

A 3d vector pointing in an arbitrary direction, call it 'forward',
that defines the target Z-axis, and a rotation around that vector,
'roll', which defines the target Y axis.

These define the 'target' coordinate system.

Given those two things, I need to be able to take a point relative to
the origin in normal cooridantes (e.g. <0,0,1> is 'forward', the
vector defined by roll points at <0,1,0>, although unit-length isn't a
given here), and translate that into the target coordinate system.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Ad