3d Transformation

Tyler Eaves

Got a 3d algorithmns question. Algorithmn will be implemented in python,
so a library would be great if it works on windows. Basically my function
would be defined as such.

Problem is one of coordinate transformation. Give a 3d vector, which
reprents the +z axis in the source coordinate system, and a rotation value
around that axis for determinging the x and y axises, I wish to translate
a point from that geometry into "world" geometry, or in other words
absolute coordinates. Input data is a 3d path with banking data that will
be sampled at regular points for purposes of building other geometry.

Mike C. Fletcher

Tyler said:
Got a 3d algorithmns question. Algorithmn will be implemented in python,
so a library would be great if it works on windows. Basically my function
would be defined as such.

Problem is one of coordinate transformation. Give a 3d vector, which
reprents the +z axis in the source coordinate system, and a rotation value
around that axis for determinging the x and y axises, I wish to translate
a point from that geometry into "world" geometry, or in other words
absolute coordinates. Input data is a 3d path with banking data that will
be sampled at regular points for purposes of building other geometry.
You can find code for doing this in the OpenGLContext project. The
lowest-level code is in the vrml.vrml97.transformmatrix module, which
just generates matrices for the various transformations, rotations and
scales. You can find the module here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pyopengl/vrml/vrml97/transformmatrix.py?view=markup

the module also allows for generating inverse arrays (what you use for
transforming from outer coordinates to inner, instead of inner to
outer), and has an accelerator C module for much of the functionality.

The higher levels in OpenGLContext support compositing multiple
transformations in a containment hierarchy for a scenegraph. See e.g.
OpenGLContext/scenegraph/transform and OpenGLContext/scenegraph/nodepath
module for that higher-level stuff.

Anyway, hope this helps,
Mike

Mike C. Fletcher