Copy website from local host to visual studio

mmalizia

I am pretty new at this, so i need some help. I inherited the company
web site from a former employee. The thing is she deleted everything
from the laptop. All the webistes were set up in visual studio, but
now they are gone. I found them under default web site under iis. The
question is, Can i copy the web site from there to visual studio 2003?

Guest

I am pretty new at this, so i need some help. I inherited the company
web site from a former employee. The thing is she deleted everything
from the laptop. All the webistes were set up in visual studio, but
now they are gone. I found them under default web site under iis. The
question is, Can i copy the web site from there to visual studio 2003?

If project was created in the Visual Studio, then probably it used a
code behind model, when C# (.cs) or VB (.vb) files were compiled into
a .DLL in the \BIN folder. Take a look if site has a /BIN directory.
In this case, you will need the original project with .cs and .vb
files.

The code-inline technique doesn't require a "code" files and such site
can be simply copied to your project in VS.NET

mmalizia

If project was created in theVisualStudio, then probably it used a
code behind model, when C# (.cs) or VB (.vb) files were compiledinto
a .DLL in the \BIN folder. Take a look ifsitehas a /BIN directory.
In this case, you will need the original project with .cs and .vb
files.

The code-inline technique doesn't require a "code" files and suchsite
can be simply copied to your project in VS.NET

Thanks for your response. I looked on the server where the web site is
kept and i don't see any /bin directory. Also there is no project or
solution files on there either. Would there be a way to copy the
folders from the web site and create a new project?

Guest

Thanks for your response. I looked on the server where the web site is
kept and i don't see any /bin directory. Also there is no project or
solution files on there either. Would there be a way to copy the
folders from the web site and create a new project?- Hide quoted text -

I think you can create a new project, copy all files to the project
directory and use the "Add - Existing Item" menu from the Solution
Explorer