Could we use .htm to redirect

ad

Hi,
The default document of IIS Virtual directory is Default.htm(not
Default.aspx)

Coud we use Default.htm to redirect to another page (like redirect to
Default.aspx)?

Guest

Do you have access to IIS? If so, why not add the default.aspx to the list
of default files. If you need to leave the default.htm file in the directory
and want the default.aspx file to override it, move the default.aspx file up
the list to the top of the list of default pages for the virtual directory.

If you don't have access to IIS, you could use a meta refresh to redirect
immediately from default.htm to default.aspx. The tag would look like:
This would go in the <head> of the default.htm.

Landley

If you have Default.htm at the top of your list and Default.aspx further
down, it will use the default.htm first if they are both in the same
directory.

The Default.htm can call the default.aspx. When it redirects, the
application and session is started as normal.

Landers

Guest

Yes, you could put some JavaScript in default.htm to set the
document.location = "default.aspx"

It would be preferable to change the startup page in IIS if possible though.