server won't run asp.net app

GaryDean

We have a new server2003 machine that was built like all the rest - IIS and
everything needed to run asp.net apps. We have a test asp.net website that
we use for new machines to make sure everything works right.

This new server won't run our test app. It won't run .aspx pages. It will
run default.htm just fine. We cant see anything wrong with it.

for instance it won't run http://69.50.211.122/default.aspx
but it will run http://69.50.211.122/default.htm

feel free to try it.

We have another instance of the website under the default website and it has
exactly the same problems.

What could it be??
Thanks,
Gary

Guest

We have a new server2003 machine that was built like all the rest - IIS and
everything needed to run asp.net apps. We have a test asp.net website that
we use for new machines to make sure everything works right.

This new server won't run our test app. It won't run .aspx pages. It will
run default.htm just fine. We cant see anything wrong with it.

for instance it won't runhttp://69.50.211.122/default.aspx
but it will runhttp://69.50.211.122/default.htm

feel free to try it.

We have another instance of the website under the default website and it has
exactly the same problems.

What could it be??
Thanks,
Gary

Look at the Documents tab in website's properties (IIS)

Guest

Look at the Documents tab in website's properties (IIS)- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, please ignore my post. Of course, you have to look at the Web
Service Extensions

GaryDean

Yes, the web service extension for asp.net 2.0 was not activated. I suppose
that was due to an error made during the .net framework 2.0 install. I
activated it and now it works.
Thanks
Gary

Guest

Yes, the web service extension for asp.net 2.0 was not activated. I suppose
that was due to an error made during the .net framework 2.0 install. I
activated it and now it works.
Thanks

It's disabled by default on Win2003. I'm glad that it's working now
for you.