run website with localhost

Hemant

Hi,
I have right Click on folder and in property under web sharing Add the
Aliases name .
and in the IIS change the starting page.
now I rum my c# vs205 application it shows the port no in the url.
thanks,
Hemant

Scott M.

Hemant said:
Hi,
I have right Click on folder and in property under web sharing Add the
Aliases name .
and in the IIS change the starting page.
now I rum my c# vs205 application it shows the port no in the url.
thanks,
Hemant

Well, you've set up the folder to be used with IIS, but you need to change
your project's properties to use IIS. Right now, Visual Studio is still
using the built in ASP .NET Web Server. Go into the project's properties
and switch to IIS.

-Scott

Hemant

Hi Scott,
I am not getting what you do want to say.
what to do i am not getting .
Please explain something more so that i can solve this issue.
thanks,
Hemant

Scott M.

In the Solution Explorer window of Visual Studio, double click the "My
Project" node to bring up the project's properties.

Then navigate to the web tab and switch the setting over to IIS instead of
the asp .net web server.

-Scott

Hemant

Hi,
I am woriking on website not on web application so there is no option in
this as you are saying.
or am i doing something wrong?
thanks,
hemant

Guest

Hi,
I am woriking on website not on web application so there is no option in
this as you are saying.
or am i doing something wrong?
thanks,

1) Go to IIS and configure default website (with port 80) to the
directory where your website project is.
2) In VS.NET in Solution Explorer go to Properties - Start Options (or
select in Top Menu - Website - Start Options) and change Sever - Use
Custom Server and specify its Base URL as http://localhost. This will
help you to run website as http://localhost directly from VS.NET

Scott M.

Hemant said:
Hi,
I am woriking on website not on web application so there is no option in
this as you are saying.
or am i doing something wrong?
thanks,
hemant

Just choose the site's options in Solution Explorer then. The problem is
that even though IIS knows about your directory, Visual Studio doesn't know
you want to use IIS when you test the site from Visual Studio.

-Scott