Building a real estate website

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to this coding or programming, but I really have an interest in it.
I wanted to build a real estate website, a real estate website which don't have visitors account function (such as login/sign up), my friend just bought me WordPress domain/hosting (i dunno what is it called) Now I have hosting manager account too, it's from lautanhost.com.

Should I build my real estate website project in WordPress or should I build it from scratch?
I've tried WordPress using themes, but in some elements, I can't customize freely.

Where should i start? and where should i learn it?

best thanks to u who want to answer it

pieces of information that I dunno if it helpful or not:
I used to be a graphic designer using adobe illustrator, photoshop, after effect, premiere, etc.

Reaction score
Normally, given enough experience with Wordpress, you can achieve what you want in a flexible manner by relying on a few overrides or making your own theme. I believe Wordpress can cover most of your needs. You just need the right plugins and tweaks.

If however, you have a need for something out of the ordinary (which I doubt but still, assuming so), only then you should consider writing it from scratch.

Reaction score
It depends. I do this real estate stuff every now and then.
If the list of houses / condos is available by an API, then you should build it from the scratch and use that API. If all the places are yours, or your friends and should only be sold by your site, than WP is a easy way to do that.

Ask a Question