Creating EJB Instance on server startup

philipp.bussche

Hi,
I programmed a stateless SessionBean that acts as a timer service
(implements TimeObject). Since this timer service should be available
after the server has started, I am looking for a way to realize this. I
thought about creating a pool, where at least one instance is residing
in so I configured in my jboss.xml:

<container-configuration extends="Standard Stateless SessionBean">
<container-name>Pooled Stateless SessionBean</container-name>

<instance-pool>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstancePool</instance-pool>
<container-pool-conf>
<MinimumSize>1</MinimumSize>
<MaximumSize>1</MaximumSize>
<strictMaximumSize>1</strictMaximumSize>
</container-pool-conf>
</container-configuration>

But this doesn't bring the expected result. I realized, that the
ejbCreate method of my session bean is called as recently as I am
calling a custom method of my remote interface. So my container isn't
creating any bean instance at all at the startup. What can I do now ?

Thanx,
Phil.