Crystal Report run-time query

rkbnair

How can I stop receiving this message while calling a crystal report?

"The report you requested requires further information."

Thanks

Barrie Wilson

How can I stop receiving this message while calling a crystal report?

"The report you requested requires further information."

uninstall Crystal Reports?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Rkbnair,

As for the error, is it occuring at design-time in IDE or at runtime? If it
is not report's functionality related, the problem may due to some license
or other component dependent issue.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

--------------------

rkbnair

Mr. Cheng,

The problem is occuring at run-time only. Should we install Crystal reports
in the machine?

rkbnair

Mr. Cheng,

I don't think that it is because the licensing issue.
It is prompting for the following infomation to key in at run time. However,
design time it works fine.

DataSet_Reports_platform_details
Server name:
Database name:
User name:
Password:
Use Integrated Security :

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Rkbnair,

Thanks for your reply,

As you mentioned ealier that "whether you need to install the crystal
report on the deploy machine", correct? Do you mean that the
production/deploy machine has never installed any crystall report
components(and also hasn't VS IDE installed)? If so, I think you may
consider install the "Crystal Report" redistribute package, this is the
runtime library which is necessary on a machine that need to run crystal
report. For machine having VS 2005 installed, you do not need to install it.

FYI: Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)
http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/FilesAndUpdates/cr_net_2005_m
ergemodules_mlb_x86.zip.asp

From: =?Utf-8?B?cmtibmFpcg==?= <[email protected]>

rkbnair

Mr. Wang,

I have managed to download that .msm file. However, how can I install it? My
windows does not recognize that file extension.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Rkbnair,

The msm file is the "merge module" file of the Crystal Report
redistributable package. You can use it through Visual Studio setup
project. See the following MSDN reference:

#How to: Add Merge Modules to a Deployment Project
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8x727h8b(VS.80).aspx

#Walkthrough: Installing Shared Components Using Merge Modules
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aw2dz878(VS.80).aspx

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

--------------------

rkbnair

Thanks Cheng. Per your suggestion, I have created a deployment project and
included the CrystalReportsRedist2005_x86.msm downloaded from the said
website.
Then, I installed the project on a machine (same machine as the development
machine). Still the system brings the dialog box ("The report you requested
requires further information.") prior to running the crystal report.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your followup Rkbnair,

Then, I'm afraid the problem should be specific to something inside the
crystal report's internal logic. Have you got any information from the
Crystalreport side?

From: =?Utf-8?B?cmtibmFpcg==?= <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Crystal Report run-time query
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:18:01 -0800

rkbnair

Is the crystal report part of the VS 2008 now? It works find in the preview
mode. Should I contact Crystal Reports (BusinessObjects)?

Thanks.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Rkbnair,

Yes, VS 2008 provide Crystal reports developing support and on development
machine you should be able to design and run reports correctly. However,
after you deploy the reports/components to production machine, the reports
should be rely on the Crystal Reports runtime components(redistritubtable
package...) only. For the case here, I suggest you contact some Crystal
Reports specific support groups to see whether they have any further ideas
on this.

Also, if there is anything related the .net framework part we can help,
welcome to post here.

From: =?Utf-8?B?cmtibmFpcg==?= <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 14:10:06 -0800