    Regards,
    Smartbiz Australia
    www.smartbiz.com.au

    Port 119, Apr 15, 2007

  2. Port 119

    Neredbojias Guest

    The answer is simple and obvious. Microsoft makes the worst software in
    the world. If you are just discovering this, you are in for some good fun
    when you tackle many programmatic-ish endeavors having a bit more
    complexity in the future.

    Neredbojias, Apr 15, 2007

  3. Port 119

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    I agree that when it comes to web creation software, yes MS do a a bad
    job of it (or have in the past.
    MS's Expression Web or whatever it's called is said to be better then
    Dreamwever, although I have never thaught much of that product eather.
    It's too complex for it's own good.
    I try and use Free and Open Source software where I can now-a-days.

    Chaddy2222, Apr 15, 2007
  4. Port 119

    Neredbojias Guest

    Uh huh. I'll elaborate at bottom.
    Yes, yes.

    Perhaps I misspoke slightly. In general (wih exceptions), it isn't
    Microsoft software per se that's really the culprit; it's Microsoft
    procedures and policies and attitude which definitively sinks them. I
    suspect some of their employees actually could make a good piece of
    software were they guided in the right direction (-or not "guided" in the
    wrong.) The momentum of the company as it is now is neither conducive to
    fine, dependable programmics nor to apps which end-users can truly rely on
    in confidence. Things were better 20 years ago! Maybe the stuff wasn't as
    esoteric as it is now, but it could be fixed or replaced without totally
    destroying or rendering impotent what a least temporarily did function.
    Everyday I become more and more disillusioned with this crap because that
    is what it's turning into - crap! Active-X was an early example of the
    trend, and I certainly do not see the end in sight. I know that belaboring
    the issue is futile, but sometimes I just have to rant for release.

    Neredbojias, Apr 16, 2007
  5. Port 119

    Lipstikk Guest

    Lipstikk, Apr 17, 2007