css problem

Paul F. Johnson

Hi,

I've mostly sorted the css problems now on the www.refute-the-facts.org.uk
website with the exception of one problem.

If you visit the site and look at the right hand column, you'll see the
w3c valid logo and some text. This should be at the bottom of the screen.
Both the style sheet and html are valid and all the divs are matched
correctly, yet under IE, it won't appear at the bottom.

Any ideas on getting it to do that? It works fine on every other browser
I've tried (Firefox, Moz 1.7.3, Konqueror, Opera 7.54)

TTFN

Paul

Mitja

Paul said:
Hi,

I've mostly sorted the css problems now on the
www.refute-the-facts.org.uk website with the exception of
one problem.

If you visit the site and look at the right hand column,
you'll see the w3c valid logo and some text. This should
be at the bottom of the screen. Both the style sheet and
html are valid and all the divs are matched correctly,
yet under IE, it won't appear at the bottom.

It just happens that Ie structures the dovcument so that there is enough space on the right to place your div element there. From
what I saw of the source, all around it there are floated elements. Tell the #bottomblock you want it below everything floated by
replacing position: relative with clear: both.
And it would be much nicer if you made the blue gradient a background for the #bottomblcok, eliminating #whiteblock and #blueblock
altogether.

Paul F. Johnson

Hi,
In alt.html Paul F. Johnson said:

add width:100%; to #bottomblock

Right. I've added that and the clear:both; to the style sheet. With
luck, it's working now.

Darned silly IE. I can't wait until Firefox beats the b'jesus out of it!

TTFN

Paul

Edwin van der Vaart

Paul said:
Hi,

Right. I've added that and the clear:both; to the style sheet. With
luck, it's working now.

Darned silly IE. I can't wait until Firefox beats the b'jesus out of it!
Firefox, Moz and Opera already beats IE.