Not sure if this is a CSS or JS problem

Paul F. Johnson

Hi,

I seem to be having a problem with a rework of a site I'm doing. If you
look at http://146.87.55.8:82 on Opera, Moz or Konqueror, the site should
show fine. Move to IE and the menu bar isn't right.

That is at 1024x768

If you reduce the resolution 800x600, you can see the menubar and the
menus which are on the far right should be on the left. There is no text
at all. These problems only happen on IE.

If I remove the menubar, then the page displays to the "stop press" at the
bottom (and then nothing after that). Again, this problem is only visible
on IE.

I've checked at w3c.org and the page validates as do the style sheets.

Can anyone spot the problem?

TIA

TTFN

Paul

Mark Parnell

Hi,
G'day.

I seem to be having a problem with a rework of a site I'm doing. If you
look at http://146.87.55.8:82 on Opera, Moz or Konqueror, the site should
show fine. Move to IE and the menu bar isn't right.

Try adding clear: left; to your #container div.
I've checked at w3c.org and the page validates as do the style sheets.

You must have changed the page since then, because the HTML doesn't
validate now, though the errors have nothing to do with this problem.
And it refused to validate the CSS at all. The CSS did validate (with
lots of warnings) using the WDG validator, though.

Nice site, BTW.

Paul F. Johnson

Hi,

Try adding clear: left; to your #container div.

Seems to have done the trick. Thanks. Only problem now is that under IE,
the page ends directly under the Stop Press in 800x600 (coincides with the
bottom of the menu box - change the res and it re-appears)
You must have changed the page since then, because the HTML doesn't
validate now, though the errors have nothing to do with this problem.

Very odd! Local copies go through without a hitch!
Nice site, BTW.

Thanks :)

TTFN

Paul

Mark Parnell

Seems to have done the trick. Thanks. Only problem now is that under IE,
the page ends directly under the Stop Press in 800x600 (coincides with the
bottom of the menu box - change the res and it re-appears)

It stops in a different place depending on your font size and screen
width. It seems that it is always stopping at the bottom of the navbar
Very odd! Local copies go through without a hitch!

Don't know why, unless your upload is changing the files somehow. It's
due to your XHTML syntax on the <link> elements, BTW.