custom html validation in VS2005

discipline4ever666

Hi,

the CMS out company wrote a few years ago, uses certain attrbutes not
included in any HTML validation known. Is there a way to add these custom
attributes to HTML validation within VS2005? I ask this to reduce the number
of errors I see without having to disable error trapping completely. I still
want to see all error, without the ones from our own CMS. Ill give a little
example. On a website we use the attribute pf_string="test" to let our CMS
know it has to replace the content within a tag with a translated version of
the text. When I open the page created with our CMS in VB2005 I get an error
for every pf_string it finds. When an entire page is filled with some 20 of
these attributes, I get 20 errors. Therefor I waste a lot of time just having
to read all of them and finding out where the list with real errors begin.
the full example is added at the end.

Is there a way to let VB2005 know to ignore these attributes (adding of
custom HTML validation rules would also be nice). This would help me a lot
when creating websites since our CMS doesn't have the full type ahead of
VB2005.

when our CMS finds the pf_string attribute, it replaces all contents in the
DIV with the translated text which is retrieved from a DB. The language to be
used is retrieved another way not discussed here.