Custom tags and <jsp:plugin> / <jsp:param>

Discussion in 'Java' started by Raymond DeCampo, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    I would like to use the output of a custom JSP tag as the value of an
    applet parameter. That is, I would like to do something like the following:

    <jsp:plugin ...>
    <jsp:params>
    <jsp:param name="param1" value="<ctl:value key="key1" />" />
    </jsp:params>
    </jsp:plugin>

    However, it appears that one is not allowed to imbed calls to custom
    tags within the <jsp:param> tag. Based on what I could read from the
    spec, this appears to be the standard. So for the moment I am forced to
    use the old <APPLET> and <PARAM> tags and use the HTMLConverter from Sun.

    I would like a solution that satisfies the following:

    1) Use the <jsp:plugin> tag to avoid the use of HTMLConverter.
    2) Does not use scriptlets (i.e. <% %>). Custom tags are allowed.

    If anyone has an idea on how this might be accomplished, I would
    appreciate hearing about it.

    Thanks,
    Ray

    Raymond DeCampo, Feb 18, 2004