Custome Smart Navigation

Guest

My problem is to provide Customized smart navigation for any page in my
website. I plan to divide my pages into sections and when I navigate from one
page to another I would like any section within the page to get focus. This
means a section which is at the bottom of the page (normally user would have
to scroll twice say for example) to show up within the browser. I would
imagine that smart navigation is not meant for this? I also am not
interested in client call backs introduced in .NET 2.0. I would appreciate
any guidance on this. Thanks

S. Justin Gengo

Roger,

I created a javascript that I call ScrollToElement that will scroll to any
control on a webpage. You may specify which control it scrolls to by
including either the control to scroll to or the element id as a string.
I've included the ScrollToElement in a javascript component which you may
download from my website, www.aboutfortunate.com. All controls on the site
are free to do with as you will. All are Visual Studio.Net 2003 projects
with full source code. Also, I've supplied a help file that may be
downloaded which has full descriptions of each method and some sample code
for each control.

Even if you don't want to use the entire javascript component you could
always just strip the code you need out of it. (It has other methods in it
like a script to click any specified button when the enter key is pressed
while in a textbox, opening centered pop up windows from a control click,
attaching confirmations, stopping the submit button from being clicked
twice, etc.)

If you have any questions about it feel free to email me (anyone).

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

S. Justin Gengo

Oh, I forgot to say where the control is located on my site. Click "Code
Library" at the top of the page and then click the "Javascript" button in
the menu on the left.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Guest

Thank you very much. I am looking into the same