Dataset lost in visual studio 2005 after updating a SP...

Jéjé

Hi,

My dataset become corrupted after I have a storedprocedure.
The error is:
Failed to load dataset because of the following error:
Cannot convert '' to type 'System.String'

(there is no specific line in the XML code identified)

I have changed a storedprocedure to add a parameter, then I have simple
updated the configuration of my adaptater for my table in the dataset, then
my dataset become corrupted and I can't roll back.

any idea?

thanks.

Jerome.

Guest

It appears you have a NULL in one of your fields. Run the same query in Query
Analyzer (SQL Server) or write an Access query (Microsoft Access), etc., and
find out where the null is.

To get around this, you can edit the strongly typed dataset to pass back an
Empty String rather than NULL in this case.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!