DataSource with PostgresSQL throws connection error

pek

I don't really know if this is a serious problem. Whenever I connect
to the database and start using it there is no problem. But when I
close my application JBoss immediately throws a connection error. I
think my xml descriptor has errors. Here is the StackTrace:

"22:26:55,140 ERROR [ServerThread] failed
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:237)
at java.io_ObjectInputStream
$PeekInputStream.peek(ObjectInputStream.java:2247)
at java.io_ObjectInputStream
$BlockDataInputStream.readBlockHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:2427)
at java.io_ObjectInputStream
$BlockDataInputStream.refill(ObjectInputStream.java:2497)
at java.io_ObjectInputStream
$BlockDataInputStream.read(ObjectInputStream.java:2569)
at java.io_ObjectInputStream
$BlockDataInputStream.readByte(ObjectInputStream.java:2718)
at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readByte(ObjectInputStream.java:895)
at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerSocketWrapper.checkConnection(ServerSocketWrapper.java:
54)
at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.acknowledge(ServerThread.java:
217)
at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:
298)
at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:
169)"

Thank you very much for any help.

Tarkin

[...]

Are you explicitly closing your connection to the database?
Which postgres jdbc driver are using? ISTR that the
PGPoolingDatasource is particularly sensitive to needing
the connection to be explicitly closed. It may also help
to post this question to the postgresql jdbc forum,
which can be reached via nabble here:
http://www.nabble.com/PostgreSQL---jdbc-f770.html

HTH,
Tarkin