DB_File

rab

anyone seen this error before:
Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/auto/DB_File/DB_File.sl' for module DB_File: No such file or directory at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/XSLoader.pm line 83.
at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/DB_File.pm line 236

I'm just trying to run this script:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use DB_File;

print "Hello World!\n"

all three of the files exist on the system....why is it saying this.
(there are a few scripts that I have that want to use DB_File and they
all say this.... that's why I just use this simple script above for
error diagnosis)

rab

Bob Walton

rab said:
anyone seen this error before:

I'm just trying to run this script:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use DB_File;

print "Hello World!\n"

all three of the files exist on the system....why is it saying this.
(there are a few scripts that I have that want to use DB_File and they
all say this.... that's why I just use this simple script above for
error diagnosis)

rab

It would appear that either the DB_File module is not installed on your
system, or it is not installed completely and correctly. Try installing
the DB_File module again.