Debugging Classic ASP with VS2008+SP1

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by nexdeveloper, Feb 4, 2009.

  1. nexdeveloper

    nexdeveloper Guest

    I manually attach to the process, and debugging works fine. I attempt to
    stop debugging and VS2008 crashes. Exactly like this guy:

    https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=352867

    Except, I'm not using any beta software.

    Here's more details:
    1) VS2008 with SP1 is installed on Windows Server 2008 64bit with SP1.
    2) That same server has IIS7 running, with ASP client & server debugging
    enabled.
    3) The project has around 860 ASP pages in it.
    4) To debug, I follow these steps:
    a) First start without debugging (ctrl+F5)
    b) After browser launches, manually attach to w3wp.exe process with
    "Script Code" only selected.
    c) Debugging is working and I click a few links to verify that VS is
    following me around.
    d) I then manually stop debugging (using the debug menu > stop debugging)
    e) At that point VS crashes: "VS has encountered an internal error"

    I've also tried using the debug menu > processes > detach from process. The
    result is still a crash.

    Please help. Thanks!

    nexdeveloper, Feb 4, 2009

  2. nexdeveloper

    nexdeveloper Guest

    As you suggested, I have posted this to microsoft.public.vsnet.debugging.

    nexdeveloper, Feb 4, 2009