debugging on xp

marek

Hello All,

has anyone encountered problems with debugging ASP.NET
app (managed and unamanged code involved) on windows xp ?
Debugger sometimes starts and the other time hangs the
whole framework - totally not deterministicly. We have
this problem on all machines with xp (on win 2000 works
fine). Configuration is IIS - normal xp instalation, win
service packs up to date with automatic updates.

It's really paintful.
so any help is very much appreciated.
Marek

Kevin Spencer

Yes, I have seen similar behavior on a number of XP Pro machines, as well as
a Windows 2003 Server machine. It is intermittent.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

marek

Hi,

indeed it is. But is there any known solution for it?

greetings
and thanks in advance
Marek

Alvin Bruney

I run XP pro, never saw the problem. Used to have server and saw it once in
a while. Are you up to date on ALL your patches?

marek

Hi,

Configuration detais are

IIS 5.1
MS Developer Environment 2003 version 7.1.3088
MS. NET Framework 1.1 version 1.1.4322
Windows XP Professional
IE 6.0

are we missing something? What is your configuration on
which the problem doesn't exist?

Marek

Kevin Spencer

indeed it is. But is there any known solution for it?

If someone posts it here, there will be. ;-)

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer