Declare width of a table cell

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    Hello,
    How can I declare the maximum width of the current cell ?
    (By tags)

    I have the following :

    I want that the long_verb will be in one line, please (and maybe I declare a
    fixed big enough width, that the verb will be in one line, but I have tried
    : <td width = 400> and this doesn't work ).

    What that happens is that the long_verb splited to several lines.

    Thanks :)

    Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003

  2. You could try
    but it's not recommended. There are reasons why the content is wrapped.

    Hywel Jenkins, Nov 29, 2003