    python be applied to manipulate things in Windows? Like maybe restart my
    computer through python, or record keystrokes???

    Thanks alot guys, Pat

    Jimith87, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Jimith87

    Ben Finney Guest

    Welcome! Some time soon you should work through the Python tutorial:

    A function is an object that contains code to be executed. It allows
    you to parcel up a conceptual lump of code that does one distinct thing
    (say, read a number from an input stream, or calculate a value from two
    inputs) and then invoke that bundle of code at other places in your
    code.

    A function can return a value, so you can assign that value to another
    object or use it as input to another function. A function can be
    parameterised; that is, you can pass the function one or more input
    parameters that will affect its behaviour.

    Functions allow you to avoid repeating code that is largely similar
    throughout your code; it also allows you to abstract a block of code to
    a single conceptual operation, making the code that uses it easier to
    read.

    It sounds like you would benefit from the tutorial "How To Think ike A
    Computer Scientist: Learning With Python". It's here:

    <http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/>

    Ben Finney, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Jimith87

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Planning to write some viruses? ;-)

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, Nov 20, 2003
  4. Hi!

    "Hi, I am a virus. For me to work properly, please install the Python
    interpreter found at www.python.org first" *lol*

    I think there's an O'Reilly book, "Win32 Programming with Python"; if it
    is possible, it is probably described there.

    Bye
    Tobias

    Tobias Pfeiffer, Nov 20, 2003