Deploying a EJB with lomboz-eclipse-emf-gef-jem-3.1RC2 and jboss-4.0.2

John F.

I have successfully tested lomboz-eclipse-emf-gef-jem-3.1RC2 with
jboss-4.0.2 with the simple ejb tutorial (ZooWeb) on the welcome
screen. I wanted to deploy it as a EAR so I rebuilt the project to
produce the EAR. When I try to deploy it, it tell me that there is
nothing to deploy or it is an incompatible module. Can someone walk me
through converting the EJB into an EAR that I can deploy? Forgive me
if my terminology is askew; I'm learning and quite up to my eyeballs at
the moment.

Bruno Grieder

John,

You are probably missing an xml descriptor in your EAR. (welcome to
J2EE, a descriptors nightmare).

I have not used Lomboz for a long time but the JBoss-IDE, which also
runs on Eclipse, has a nice xdoclet and packaging module with lots of
predefined option so that you do not forget to generate a descriptor or
forget to include one in a jar/war/ear.

Bruno.