Description of functions in WebUIValidation.js

Nathan Sokalski

I am trying to learn exactly what each of the functions in
WebUIValidation.js does and exactly how to use them. Can anybody direct me
to a website that gives a good description of each one? I am using ASP.NET
2.0. Thanks.

bruce barker

they are not formally defined by microsoft, so they are free to change with
releases. none of them are meant to be called by client code. most are the
helper functions used by the validators themselves.

probably the only useful function (which ms should doc) is:

Page_ClientValidate(validationGroup)

which can be used to call validation on a group to determine if a postback
should be done. it returns true if validation passes.

as always the source is the documentation.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)