Designmode IFrames and event handlers in Firefox 1.5

jdlwright

Hi all, I busted a gut getting my design-mode iframe to work properly
in FF1 and IE, and just when I thought everything worked nice I
discovered that in FF1.5 event handlers in the iframe are no longer
processed;

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Rich-Text_Editing_in_Mozilla

they infer that event handlers were never handled, but they were in
1.0.6...

Anyway - can anyone suggest how I can work around this, basically I
want to be able to detect when a specific span element in my iframe's
document is clicked?

Twenty million Reward Card points to the best soln. ;-)

TIA
Jim

Martin Honnen

Hi all, I busted a gut getting my design-mode iframe to work properly
in FF1 and IE, and just when I thought everything worked nice I
discovered that in FF1.5 event handlers in the iframe are no longer
processed;
Anyway - can anyone suggest how I can work around this, basically I
want to be able to detect when a specific span element in my iframe's
document is clicked?

If your document containing the editable iframe wants to know when
something is clicked in the editable iframe then it can certainly set up
event listeners on the iframe document, simple example
<http://home.arcor.de/martin.honnen/javascript/2006/01/test2006011901.html>
works for me on Windows with IE 6, Mozilla 1.7, Firefox 1.5 and Opera 9
Preview.

jdlwright

Martin said:
If your document containing the editable iframe wants to know when
something is clicked in the editable iframe then it can certainly set up
event listeners on the iframe document, simple example
<http://home.arcor.de/martin.honnen/javascript/2006/01/test2006011901.html>
works for me on Windows with IE 6, Mozilla 1.7, Firefox 1.5 and Opera 9
Preview.

Live saver!!

Thanks very much, your example has saved me much trouble.

Thanks again
Jim

GlycogenSupporthealth