    already open but just hidden?

    Many thanks
    GwenP

    GwenP, Sep 29, 2010

  2. GwenP

    Bob Barrows Guest

    The same way you would do it on a regular htm page. This question is not
    really relevant to asp. All asp does is run on the server and generate
    html to be sent to the client. Once the client is involved, asp is out
    of the picture.
    You will likely get better answers posting to a group devoted to
    html/dhtml questions (http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=33584039).
    Examples? What examples? I only hide them if I intend to reuse them.
    They should be closed when no longer needed
    Try and confirm this with Task Manager
    I would assume you would have set a global variable to reference the
    window when you opened it. If not, change your methodology now. You
    should create a function Called getModalWindow() that checks to see if
    the global variable contains a reference to an open window -
    if(modalvar). If so, return that variable. If not open a new window
    assigning the result of the open method to the variable and return the
    variable. In the onclose event, close the window if it is open.

    Bob Barrows, Sep 29, 2010