Differences in aspx page rendering between environments

Guest

I have a sneaky problem with a web application that is acting differently
between two different environments. Now, I know this is sticky because we are
talking two different environments here, but maybe someone will have an
idea... I have validated that the two web.config files are identical, just to
get that out there first...

In one environment (let's call it DEV), the source that ends up on the
clients front door look like this;
<code>
<form name="Form1" method="post" action="ContactInfo.aspx"
language="javascript" onsubmit="if (!ValidatorOnSubmit()) return false;"
id="Form1">
</code>

In the other environment (let's call it QA)I get this;
<code>
<IFRAME ID=__hifSmartNav NAME=__hifSmartNav STYLE=display:none
src="/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/SmartNav.htm"></IFRAME>
<form name="Form1" method="post" action="ContactInfo.aspx"
language="javascript" onsubmit="ValidatorOnSubmit();" id="Form1"
__smartNavEnabled="true">
</code>

Now, I have set the page "smartNavigation" to false in the web confic file,
and even tried leaving the tag out all together also. Yet no matter what I
do, I get some very quarky results when it comes to post back actions.

I have also compared the machine.config files between the two servers, which
are both Win2k3 machines runnning the same version of the .NET Frmework.

Has anyone over incurred this type of issue before? Are there any
suggestions out there?

Not a really straight forward issue. There are probably many variables that
coupld come into play to cause this, but I am ignorant to a good protaion of
those possibilities... Please Help!

Many thanks for your time!
RA

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Make sure the smartNavigation property of the ASPX page is set to false.
You might also try fiddling with the targetSchema and clientTarget
properties of the page to get more consistent results between client
environments.