Different Applications:: one authentication?

A_Dude

Hi, i'm looking for a bit of advice regarding 3rd party ASP applications.
Say for eg i want a Forum, Banner Ap, Links Resource, Secure pages....my
problem is each of these apps may have their own means of authenticating
users, which would be a nightmare remembering passwords for users..

Is there a simple way to get round this issue? I thought maybe pointing all
the apps to an authenticating database may help but my ASP knowledge as far
as customising each of the applications is a bit limited.

Any advise? pointers?

thanks in advance

a_dude

hmmm, ok...will give that a go...i guess i should have thought of that but
you know how it is :)

Richard J said:
Think on this ....

Create a default, front page that allows the users to login once and gives
them access to all the secure pages.
Strip out the authentication process in each individual page and create a
simple one-stop page that authenticates and then grants them access.