Disabling AutoPostBack on Button.Click() to activate Javascriptfunction

maximz2005

Hi,

I'm currently writing an ASP.NET application for a demonstration with
hydrological web services.
I'm having a problem: I obtain a certain latitude and longitude for a
point via web services in C#, and then, I need to pass those variables
to a javascript function that draws a marker on a map for me.
When I press the button to obtain the latitude and longitude and draw
a marker, the page postbacks and refreshes, so the marker isn't drawn.

I'm using Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock(...) to activate the
Javascript function I have called AddMarker(lon, lat) .

I've tried disabling EnableViewState for the form my button is in and
the button itself, but it doesn't help. How can I accomplish this?

Thank you so much!
-Maximz2005

maximz2005

I think I solved the problem - I transformed the ASP:button into an
HTML button, which gets C# values through Javascript.

Thank you
-maximz2005