Display "Updating..." after click on 'Save'

Masudur

Hi all,

using AJAX Toolkit with vb.net 2.0 how could I make this "Updating..."
Screen like e.g. on Codeplex when you click on the "Vote" buttonhttp://www.codeplex.com/AtlasControlToolkit/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkIt...
? So the whole screen becomes inactive and a small window says "Updating..."
so the user knows that something is going on...http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/133/updatingjy7.jpg
Searched the net but probably I have the wrong search terms :-(

Hi...

Since you are using Ajax Tool kit you must be using Microsoft asp.net
Ajax 1.0 ...
You can use update progress control... to show progress message... but
updateProgress control need to associate with a updatepanel...

Thanks
Masudur
www.kaz.com.bd
http://munnacs.110mb.com

Guest

Hi Masudur,

yes, it's of course Toolkit 1.0, i meant VS 2005.

That was also my understanding of the updatepanel, but does this mean i have
to create an updatepanel which covers the whole page (because the
'Updating..'-window disables the whole page)?

Masudur

Hi Masudur,

yes, it's of course Toolkit 1.0, i meant VS 2005.

That was also my understanding of the updatepanel, but does this mean i have
to create an updatepanel which covers the whole page (because the
'Updating..'-window disables the whole page)?

Hi,

Just put the portion that you want to update in the update panel...
lets say you do populate only a listbox with a click... put only the
listbox inside the updatepanel...

Thanks
Munna
www.kaz.com.bd
http://munnacs.110mb.com

Guest

Hi Masudur,

according to
http://ajax.asp.net/docs/tutorials/ProgrammingUpdateProgress.aspx I now moved
my save-button into an updatepanel and added an updateprogress control which
contains the 'Please wait, updating...' text.

But the panel is now just displayed next to the save-button. There are lots
of websites (like the codeplex link in my first posting) where the
update-text is centered on the screen and all other text is greyed out. How
could this be done? An example would be great. Many thanks!

Guest

Hi Chad,

yes, I knew this control, but it waits for a click on "OK". Is it possible
to avoid waiting for OK-click?